www.flickr.com
items in 2010 Life Path Challenge More in 2010 Life Path Challenge pool

Saturday, September 24, 2011

A DAY IN THE STUDIO

I'd been on the internet yesterday and something caught my eye reminding me of a process I've done before, but not for a long time. So I started tearing up strips of tissue paper and gluing them down with thinned PVA. I painted the paper first and then the laid down strips to saturate them for good adhesion. The top page is just that, while the lower page has another layer of thin white napkins (this could be white tissue paper also). It too, is covered with another layering of glue. I like the lower as it gives a more muted look to the intense colors. They each can have their own uses. So now I"m ready with some pretty papers. You can do this using fabric as your base. See a tutorial at March 8th, 2010. Try it, lots of fun.




This is more paper I made embedding fern leaves in between paper and tissue. I've wanted to try this for some time. Living in the forest I am always drying leaves and flowers. I use them some in my art journal and in crafting with children. I like how it turned out. Now I have to see how I am led to use it.




This was the last thing I did yesterday and felt like it was a good place to stop. I was satisfied and happy with the days outcome. Well, actually I was pretty excited and gratified as to how this one turned out. The fish below was done yesterday too. It was a pretty prolific day.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the look of torn papers, and handmade papers with embedded flora. Very colorful journal pages, birds are good subject matter, so graceful.

Faye said...

Beautiful work, Coleen. It's good to see what you've been doing in art lately. I am using one of your napkins, or a part of one, in my Monday's ATC this week.

Coleen said...

Thank you sweet ladies for your kind comments. They are always an encouragement.

Coleen said...

Thank you sweet ladies for your kind comments. They are always an encouragement.

Unknown said...

So pretty...and now I know how you did this! :) (See comment on newer post re: journal page) I'm inspired! :)

Visiting you from the "Check Out My Blog" swap at Swap Bot!

Sarah

Bubbles said...

These are all great and I love the extra bits for definate that you added to the bird journal.

Pattie said...

Oh wow this is great! I love layer art, though I myself am not very good at it :D
Yours look super great, thanks for sharing!

structuredchaos Love Comment Blog ♥

Iggygirl said...

Those look really neat, I love the one with the leaves in it.

-iggygirl (check out my blog #3)
www.artbyingridglaw.com

Chelsae said...

Your blog is amazing! I could get lost here forever. Here's the link to your feature on my blog for the swap. Cheers and happy March to you!

/* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ .pin_it_button { overflow: visible; width: 51px; height: 26px; margin-right: 1px; font: normal normal normal 11px/normal Arial, sans-serif; background-color: transparent !important; background-image: url("http://assets.pinterest.com/images/pinitbutton_sprite.png") !important; color: #CD1F1F !important; background-position: 0px 0px !important; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat !important; cursor: pointer; } .pin_it_button:hover { background-position: 0px -27px !important; }