www.flickr.com
items in 2010 Life Path Challenge More in 2010 Life Path Challenge pool

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

RUBBER STAMPING MASTERBOARD


Had great fun trying something new recently.  I got to create these cool background papers using rubber stamps.  I think they turned out pretty well for a first time.  I was prompted to do this by a swap on www.swap-bot.com.    Sometimes I do things there simply for the purpose of learning/trying a new technique.  I like how some popped out and some receded.  After stamping I sprayed with various sprays to add color.  Some were done on white card stock and others on lightly colored card stock. Also, the heart above was my very first hand-carved stamp.  There will be more of those for sure.  Give it a try. It's lots of fun.

4 comments:

Faye said...

We could have fun making backgrounds together if you didn't live a gazillion miles away, Coleen. These are beautiful.

Coleen said...

Thanks, Faye. These remind me of the backgrounds you've done recently. And if I understand "masterboards" it's not just stamping but a background you make that you can scan to use again and again. I'm still trying to remember to do that with my art. BTW, love the pic of you with the hat. So cute.

Scrap all'Alba - by Silvana said...

very very beautiful!!!!!

Coleen said...

Thanks for stopping by Silvana. <3

/* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ .pin_it_button { overflow: visible; width: 51px; height: 26px; margin-right: 1px; font: normal normal normal 11px/normal Arial, sans-serif; background-color: transparent !important; background-image: url("http://assets.pinterest.com/images/pinitbutton_sprite.png") !important; color: #CD1F1F !important; background-position: 0px 0px !important; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat !important; cursor: pointer; } .pin_it_button:hover { background-position: 0px -27px !important; }